Home Mountain - Stevens Pass, WA
Hometown - Sequim, WA
Sponsors - GCW Bindings, Libtech, RPZN, Vitalire, Freshcut Films, Findlay Hats
When did you start snowboarding?
- I discovered snowboarding at age 10. For christmas, my parents got me a week of snowboard lessons at hurricane ridge. Greatest present ever!
What's your favorite type of terrain to ride?
- Hmmm... i would have to say steep powder
Favorite mountain and why?
- Steven's Pass is my favorite place to ride. There's so much opportunity whether your slashing pow, dropping cliffs, building backcountry booters, or riding their awesome terrain park. What's unique about Steven's though is the group of locals that keep the mountain spirit alive.
Why do you ride for GCW Bindings?
- I ride GCW for a lot of reasons. First off GCW bindings fit my riding style, go big and fast. I've put these bindings through the ringer and have never broken a part. It's a comforting feeling to know that your bindings will hold up in any condition. Their parts (besides the straps) are designed and machined in-house which is a unique characteristic for any binding company. You don't have to worry about cheap parts anymore. It's sweet to have the ability to work directly with the owners. These rad guys are always motivated and open to any input I have. This is a young company with no signs of holding back, i'm excited for the journey ahead with GCW.
What's the hairiest line you ever hit?
- Well there's this one line in my dreams... does that count? haha
Describe the 'ultimate' day on the mountain.
- The ultimate day on the mountain would start in Skykomish, after a huge breakfast and some BT's, we rally the troops up the mountain to find 3 ft of blower pow. The heli arrives, then dropping us off at the top of cowboy where we choose our lines. Below cowboy is laced with endless untracked booters into the softest pow landings. At the bottom the heli awaits. Repeat...
Follow Ryan -
- Ryan Tucker Full Part by Fresh Cut Films
- Stevens Pass Monthtage by Eric Miller